Richard P. LaTaille, Chairman (860) 423-1733
Rita LaTaille, Chairman (860) 423-1733
Janice Steinmetz (860) 749-3340
Joan Meehan (203) 758-5653
THEME: "Connecticut Fairs"
The pictures submitted should show general scenes around our Fairgrounds. Photos must have been taken after September 30, 2014. The photos entered in the State Contest do not have to be exhibited at the Member Fairs to be eligible.
|Lot 1||Black & White||15.00||10.00||8.00||6.00||4.00|
(1) All prints must be mounted. (2) No prints smaller than 5x7" or larger than 11x14". (3) Print on 11x14" mount.
|Lot 3||Black & White||15.00||10.00||8.00||6.00||4.00|
(1) Only commercially printed snapshots will be accepted. (2) Snapshots should be no smaller than 1.5" square and no larger than 4x6". (3) Snapshots should be submitted unmounted.
|DIGITAL SNAPSHOT CONTEST||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th|
|Lot 5||B&W or Color||15.00||10.00||8.00||6.00||4.00|
|JUNIOR SNAPSHOT CONTEST*||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th|
|Lot 6||Black & White||15.00||10.00||8.00||6.00||4.00|
(1) Official entry forms are provided in the "Entry Forms" section of this book, & in the Association of Connecticut Fairs' booklet, "Connecticut Fairs 2016."
(2) This contest is open to all Connecticut residents regardless of age. Professional photographers (those who make their living from taking photographs) cannot enter.
(3) There will be no entry fee to enter the State Contest.
(4) The theme of the State Contest shall be "Connecticut Fairs."
(5) The exhibitor’s name and address must appear on the reverse side of each photo submitted.
(6) The date and name of the Fair at which the photograph was taken must also appear on the reverse side of each photo submitted.
(7) Each exhibitor may enter a maximum of two (2) photos in each Lot. (Lot 1: Black & White Salon Prints; Lot 2: Color Salon Prints; Lot 3: Black & White Snapshots; Lot 4: Color Snapshots; Lot 5: Junior Black & White Snapshots; Lot 6: Junior Color Snapshots.)
(8) Salon Print exhibitors cannot enter Snapshot Contest.
(9) In the event that less than ten (10) prints or snapshots are entered in either the Monochrome or Color Lots, the two lots will be combined and only one set of awards will be made. Awards will be given at the Judge’s discretion if the number of entries submitted do not justify the five (5) awards.
(10) All entries should be submitted no later than 6 pm Sunday, October 7, 2015 to the members of the Committee listed above. All entries become the property of the Association of Connecticut Fairs.
(11) Awards will be presented at the Fall Meeting of the Association of Connecticut Fairs.
(12) The Association reserves the right to reproduce entries in all categories for publicity purposes with the photographer’s by-line. One photo may be chosen to appear on the cover of the "Connecticut Fairs 2016" booklet from the previously judged prize winners. The winner will be awarded one 2016 season pass.
(13) A photo contest will be held at the fall meeting of the Association of Connecticut Fairs. Each registered attendee will vote on the previously judged entries to determine the winners.
*Same rules apply to the Junior Contest as to the Adult Contest. All entrants in Lots 6 and 7 must be 15 years of age or younger as of July 1, 2016.