Association of Connecticut Fairs, Inc.
Fairfield Processing Corp. (Makers of Poly-fil® products)
Woodstock Agricultural Society, "The Woodstock Fair"
|A: Hand Applique||$50||$35||$15|
No tied quilts, no pre-cut quilt kits. Premiums to be awarded at the Spring Meeting.
(1) All work must be accomplished by an individual quiltmaker.
(2) Work can be pieced by hand or by machine, but applique and quilting must be done by hand.
(3) Work must be completed in 2013-2014.
(4) Finished work must be at least single-bed size.
JUDGING (100 possible points):
Overall Appearance - 150 points
Difficulty of Pattern - 15 points
Neatness of Needlework - 10 points
Matching Points and Corners - 15 points
Border and Bindings* - 20 points
Cleanliness of Work - 5 points
Balance of Material Weights, Color & Pattern - 20 points
*Width even - compliments rest of quilt.
(1) WHO MAY ENTER: The contest is open to all residents of Connecticut: men, women or juniors. If entered by juniors, they will be considered adults.
(2) HOW TO ENTER: Any resident of Connecticut entering the Quilt Contest at any Fair belonging to the Association of Connecticut Fairs is automatically competing in the local contest. Contestants may enter the contest in as many Fairs as they wish UNTIL they win First Prize. They will then represent that Fair in the State Quilt Contest at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the Association.
(3) JUDGING: The Association of Connecticut Fairs will furnish judges' score sheets to each Fair and the Contestant will receive these sheets at the end of that event. Judging will be based on overall appearance, workmanship and originality. All decisions of judges are final.
(4) LOCAL CONTEST: The winner of the Quilt Contest will receive a Blue Ribbon from the Association of Connecticut Fairs at each Fair and will be eligible to submit their entry at the Spring Meeting of the Association of Connecticut Fairs. In the event a Fair receives only one entry in the contest, and that entry is worthy of First Prize, the Association Rosette must be awarded to the Contestant.
(5) STATE CONTEST: At the Spring Meeting, date and time to be announced. The Secretary of each Fair MUST contact the winners from that Fair and supply information about dinner reservations, time and place of the Spring Meeting.